What happens on the day?
- 7 am to 8 am – Registration check-in (T-shirt & Spalding ball collection)
- 8 am – Participants meet at MSAC in the Show Courts.
- First Bounce Team departs MSAC at 8: 15 am.
- Teams depart MSAC, walk past Albert Park Lake and enter Lakeside Stadium.
- Teams will do a lap of the Lakeside athletics track and return back to MSAC.
- Bounce teams meet in the main basketball hall for more fun and engaging activities.
- Refer to EVENT page
How far is the walk?
- With one lap of the Athletics track, the entire walk is approximately 2.5 kilometres.
What if I wish to attend but cannot or do not wish to do the walk?
- That is fine and understandable. If you are part of a bounce team but do not wish to bounce around the track, you can collect your T-shirt and go to the main basketball hall to get involved or watch activities.
Can I bring my own ball?
- You can purchase a Spalding basketball along with your registration.
- Buying the Spalding ball is not essential and you can participate without a basketball.
What if I miss my designated Bounce Team departure time?
- No problem. If you miss your designated time slot, you will join the next team departing from MSAC.
What if it is raining?
- Good question. While we will be praying to the basketball gods for perfect weather, there is always a chance that the weather will not go our way. Your safety is a key priority and organisers will make the call on the day.
- In the event that the outdoor activity is simply out of the question, the main basketball hall at MSAC will be utilized as a walking track for participants.
- We will also be running a variety of basketball activities in the Main Hall for the duration of the event.
What are the prizes for the people and teams who raise the most money?
- Basketball prizes will be aplenty and valued items of memorabilia. This event is supported by the basketball community and there will be a bias towards basketball prizes, but not limited to just basketball.
How long will the event run for?
- Registration commences at 7am
- The event starts at 8am and finishes at 12pm, however, it is up to you as to how long you wish to stay.
Where can I park?
- We encourage using public transport however, there are parking areas in the MSAC precint but this comes at a fee.
- Refer to EVENT INFO page
Ball in Lake?
- Yes there is a chance that your basketball will bounce into Albert Park Lake, however, the chances are low. On the day we will have volunteers to try and avoid this happening.
- Those volunteers will help retrieve the basketball out of the water if it does happen.
- Worse case scenario is we will replace your basketball.
What should I bring?
- You do not need to bring anything specific, however, feel free to bring a drink bottle or hat. Water stations are also available at MSAC.
Is the course accessible for wheelchairs and prams?
Yes of course